Sunday, March 22, 2015

15826316         by
 by WriteLife

* I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley to review.

I really didn't know what to expect from this book and I had an open mind. A few of the short stories or rather essays were interesting and there were a few good ideas. I learned of an event under the Wilson Administration termed the United States Occupation of Veracruz which occurred in 1914. I never had a clue about this part of our history and I enjoyed reading the back story leading up to the 7 month occupation. The essays afterward seem to proclaim a general view that Christianity is false and the attitude about religion is negative. The book ultimately ended up to be in my opinion "anti-Christian". This fact pushed back my enjoyment and the rating for this book.    

No comments:

Post a Comment