Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Gently Awakened by Sara Joseph

16238641

I was gifted this book by my niece with an unusual facebook post where she offered the first 6 people who liked her post and were given the opportunity to choose anything they wanted for under $10 from Amazon. I just happen to see her post and thought how unusual and how wonderful to randomly gift any one of her friends with a simple gift. I happen to run across this book as being on my wish list and on a lark, gave her the link and I was gifted this book within minutes on my Kindle. I think it was a divine appointment because the author seemed to be speaking directly to me.

At times it seem as though this book was written specifically for me and I related so much to the struggles of the Christian artist. The need for meaning and focus and the constant fight against futility is my day in and day out struggle as an artist. Being a perfectionist and often doubting myself, this book inspired every part of my spirit. I recommend it to anyone who is a Christian who often wonders where their art fits in their spiritual walk and life. I especially appreciated the mention of the importance of keeping a journal of that struggle. This book is a fresh breath of inspiration!
(less)                  

No comments:

Post a Comment