Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dollbaby by Laura Lane McNeal

18693929

Reading about the South always makes me feel right at home and this book pulled me right in. For being a debut, not bad at all. I did consider it leaning towards chick-lit by the time I finished it. I really appreciated the fact that the author wrote about a setting that she understands. I started craving Cajun food and I am set and determined to make some as soon as possible! The storyline overall was entertaining and kept my interest though the later part with the family mystery seemed a bit far-fetched and too many stories that unraveled. I think for all the events that happened the emotional impact over such events should have been even more over the top, considering people are wired to react in such ways, it seemed too unrealistic at the end. Perhaps a bit rushed and tired at the end. My way of telling when I am totally enthralled with a book, I always hate it to end. With this book, I was a little relieved.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely enjoyed the setting more than the story. I found the ending predictable, but if you read enough it's difficult to be surprised.

    You're right about this book and food. I had to make a big pot of gumbo after I finished it.

    ReplyDelete